. . . the exploration of creating something from nothing ~ let's see what happens . . .

Thursday, March 22, 2018

Fun with a Fragment (Pattern)

I really do enjoy working with Fragments (Patterns)
and creating a piece of art by putting them into a Reticula (Grid).

This piece is just simply manipulating a pattern.


 I decided to use C-5 from this Fragment Chart of mine (one of many).
Fragment Chart Stencil can be found by clicking here.
  .

Started with a 2" square ~ watercolor paper and sectioned
it off as you can see above.
.
 
I chose to place the dots as shown above.

.
Then I drew the pattern around the dots using the
C-5 Fragment as my reference.
My square tile is right up above the red circle.
 
.
I could have stopped and just shaded, but the tile
was just screaming at me to add lines! So I did.
 
.
Then using my pencil and a tortillon I shaded so
it looks like the pattern lines are going over and under each other.
I am a light shader.  When shading, start out lightly ~ you can always add to it.
I'm pleased with the way this turned out. I'll be making more using my Fragments Chart.
.
Thanks for joining me today ~ have fun experimenting!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment