. . . the exploration of creating something from nothing ~ let's see what happens . . .

Thursday, March 29, 2018

I do like honeycombs!

I love the shape of a honeycomb!

For this page in my 3.5" x 5.5" Moleskine Watercolor Journal,
I decided to make a background.
.
I used my 5" x 8" Mini Honeycomb Stencil and placed it where I wanted it on the page.
Using a pencil I drew the shapes, creating the string.
.
Normally, I would then trace over the pencil lines with a pen to
create a more hand drawn honeycomb shape.
Then I would draw lines, as shown in the above picture, to create my sections.
Then I draw the semi-circles to form each petal.
.
Here, you can see how I finished the pattern.
I did shade each flower using a pencil and tortillon.
There are so many other ways to further this design ~
add color to each flower, fill in the background with all black or
a different color altogether. 

If you don't like the idea of each honeycomb shape being the same pattern,
you can mix it up so each is entirely different.
So many choices!!!

Thanks for joining me today ~ have fun experimenting!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment