. . . the exploration of creating something from nothing ~ let's see what happens . . .

Thursday, March 15, 2018

Expect the Unexpected!

When I first started this piece I had something else in
mind for the end result!

But really, what fun is that when you get right down to it? I think
that in order to enjoy the whole process of art is to expect
the unexpected ~ you will never be disappointed.
.
My tool box . . .
Moleskine Watercolor Journal ~ 3.5" x 5.5" Landscape
Micron Pen .01 by Sakura
A pencil
Koi Watercolor Field 48 Color Sketch Set
(Just a note! The ONLY "Store" I am affiliated with is my own!!!! Pinetree Studios.
Except for the stencil I find most of my "tools" at Amazon.)
 
.
I started by placing the stencil on my blank page and using a pencil.
I drew the small squares that would ultimately become my pattern.
The tangle pattern is called W2 and is an original zentangle pattern.

I then just drew any pattern that came into my head to complete the process.
I then used two of my most favorite colors to paint the ribbons. 

BUT, I wasn't entirely pleased. The piece became a bit dark for me ~
why? because I "worried" it and didn't leave it alone.

I had actually been playing around with some circles and decided to cut the circle out.
I then placed that on top of my piece and it instantly became brighter for me.

THAT'S when I stopped!!!!
Totally unexpected!

Thanks for joining me today ~ have fun experimenting!





No comments:

Post a Comment