. . . the exploration of creating something from nothing ~ let's see what happens . . .

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Fragments and Reticula . . . How I draw Ole!

I really like drawing Barbara Finwall’s Zentangle® pattern Ole.
I found it was easier for me to deconstruct it a bit more ~
just me and how I process some patterns.

I found that it actually fit into what is being call a fragment ~ part of a pattern that 
when placed into a reticula, or grid, it creates a bigger pattern.

Here is what I did . . .

I love to draw on watercolor paper, so I took a sheet and cut several 
2" squares. Big enough to work on, but not so big that it takes too much time
to complete. I am about practicing right now ~ for me it's calming.
I drew a square and then I divided it into four sections with my pen.
.
.
Then, with a pencil, I lightly sectioned off each of the squares,
making more of a grid to work with.
.

Then I placed a circle in the middle of each square.

.
I chose from the chart G-1 (picture above) and began drawing my pattern.

.
Then I decided to use H-1 and I-1 to create a different look.
The pattern Ole is still the same concept.
.
Here is another drawing using the pattern Ole.
This is on a 3.5" square watercolor tile.

The whole idea for me is to draw and relax and to just have fun.
Thanks for joining me today!


If you like the idea of having a journal to make a chart like I did
shown in the pictures above, then you can find several different styles of
stencils to help you with this process by clicking on the link below.

The stencil I used can be found here Square Fragments Chart Stencil ~ 5.25" Square.


Then

No comments:

Post a Comment